JoVE Innovation in Instruction Award
Faced with the COVID pandemic, the research and education world has quickly adapted, resulting in a time of great innovation. In response to many unforeseen scenarios, the science community has developed new systems and mechanisms to cope with the flux between at-home research and learning, hybrid environments, and returns to in-person activities.
With limited or no face-to-face interaction with students, instructors worldwide have been particularly challenged by how to successfully teach science concepts and laboratory experiments. Many used video and other media to address this challenge. This award will recognize creative uses of visual media resources to advance teaching in science disciplines.
JoVE will provide funding, in the form of reimbursement, for professional development up to an amount of $1,500 USD per winner. This funding can be used towards conference participation (whether virtually or in person) and/or course registration related to skill development completed by December 30, 2022.
We will confirm winners globally as follows:
- One recipient from the United States, Latin America, or Canada
- One recipient from Europe, Africa, or the Middle East
- One recipient from Asia, Australia, or New Zealand
Interested parties should submit:
- A short essay (1,000 words max in English) describing
- the practice(s) established
- the steps taken to establish new practices
- ideas for and benefits of the new practices continuing to be used in a post-pandemic world
- Examples of any materials used
- Any evidence pointing to positive results
Preference will be given to innovative approaches in building strong relationships with science students, and faculty.
To apply, please fill out this form and submit all documents by July 15, 2021. Application materials should be submitted in PDF format and follow this naming convention: Last Name, First Name, Document Name.
Terms and Eligibility
- Applicants must be currently employed by, enrolled in or affiliated with an academic institution or corporate, government, or hospital entity.
- Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of faculty members.
- Submissions may be published on our website and/or be incorporated in the development of content materials for dissemination to a wide audience.
- Applications must be received by July 15, 2021, and winners will be announced in Fall 2021.
- Awardees must be willing to participate in JoVE coverage of contest results including a blog post, quoted testimonial, and webinar.
© JoVE 2021. All rights reserved.