This IRB-approved study conducted by TERC, a Cambridge, Massachusetts-based education research organization, tested hundreds of undergraduate students at Clemson and DeSales University to gauge what impact watching a JoVE video ahead of their lab had on their performance and confidence.
- 89% of students felt more confident during lab
- 92% of students felt they understood how to conduct the lab better
- 96% of students found the SDS Page video was helpful in explaining the core scientific concepts
- Students who watched the JoVE Plasmid Purification video scored 100% higher - performed twice as well - on the pre-lab test compared to the control group.
- Students scored 76% higher on the test after both groups had conducted the lab.
Copyright JoVE 2020. All rights reserved.